I can't believe how quickly the month of June has gone by! 4th of July is just around the corner and I wanted to share a free printable with you and a simple craft idea. If you are planning a family gathering or throwing some sort of party, picnic, or playdate for the 4th of July week, I'm sure you will have some sort of chips at the table. Using the free printable 2-Inch Party Tags I have designed and some simple supplies that you probably already have in your closet, you can make these cute little snack bags to fill with chips, popcorn, or any snack!
Start by downloading my free 2-Inch Party Tags HERE!
-White Heavy Cardstock Paper
-Paper Trimmer or Scissors
-Scallop Edge Scrapbook Scissors
-Hot Glue Gun
1. Print the 4th of July 2-Inch Party Tags onto white heavy cardstock paper, cut paper into columns using your paper trimmer or scissors, and punch out all of the tags using a 2-Inch Scallop Circle Large Punch.
2. Now take a regular brown bag/sack and measure 4 inches from the bottom and make a mark.
3. Using Scallop Edge Scrapbook Scissors (or any scrapbook scissors with a fun edge), cut through the bag at the 4-inch mark.
4. Take your ribbon and lay it on the width of your bag and cut to size. I used 3/8 inch ribbon, but you can use whatever ribbon you have laying around the house that match red, white, and blue. Then glue it onto the bag using your hot glue gun.
5. Take one of the 2-Inch Party Tags and glue it onto the center of the ribbon and you have a cute little snack bag!
Use different ribbons to mix and match with the party punches. Fill your bags with some yummy snacks and enjoy!!
Here's a tip, the chips and popcorn I used were pretty greasy and the brown bags absorb the grease pretty quickly, so you might want to pour the snacks into a bowl with paper towel first to try to absorb the grease before serving in the sacks.
Have a happy and safe 4th of July!