Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog! Please look around and see what my blog has to offer, from party inspiration, DIY craft tutorials, yummy treat ideas, and so much more! And make sure to pin on Pinterest! If you click on the Free Printables tab on the top of this page, you will find all of my posts with free printables. Also, if you would like to stay up-to-date with all of my new posts, subscribe by email (enter it on the right margin of this page) or like my Facebook page HERE. Have a blessed day!

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Mini Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins


Even though the official first day of fall isn't until later this month, Labor Day usually helps remind us that summer is over.  For today's post, I wanted to share a recipe that will definitely bring fall flavors into your mouth!  I haven't made these in a while, but I remembered how much the kids loved these mini muffins when they were younger.  I feel like nowadays I just grab the mini muffins from the grocery stores and I throw them in their bookbags for snacktime.


Well, this recipe is definitely much healthier than the pre-packaged mini muffins from the store.  I found a great zucchini bread recipe from Food Network and altered it slightly to make these mini muffins.

Since I didn’t want the green speckles so obvious, I decided to puree the zucchini instead of leaving it grated.  I used 2 mini muffin pans to make 48 mini muffins and had enough batter to make an additional 2 mini loaves.   I hope you give it a try.  Enjoy!
  
Ingredients
3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½  teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 cups grated zucchini
¾ cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
¼  cup water
1 ¼ cup chocolate chips 

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar.  In a separate bowl, combine the lemon juice with the grated zucchini and then puree in a magic bullet or blender (the 2 cups grated zucchini turns into about 1 cup of pureed zucchini).  Combine pureed zucchini with oil, eggs, and water.  Mix wet ingredients into dry, add chocolate chips and fold in. Bake in mini muffin pans for 12-14 minutes per batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment