Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog! Please look around and see what my blog has to offer, from party inspiration, DIY craft tutorials, yummy treat ideas, and so much more! And make sure to pin on Pinterest! If you click on the Free Printables tab on the top of this page, you will find all of my posts with free printables. Also, if you would like to stay up-to-date with all of my new posts, subscribe by email (enter it on the right margin of this page) or like my Facebook page HERE. Have a blessed day!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tutorial - Framed Photo Board



If you have kids, then I'm sure you have a ton of photos of them that you'd like to display.  I don't usually print my pictures since they're all stored digitally, but for their birthday parties, I do like to print some copies of my favorite pictures to show them to our guests.

For the kids' recent birthday party, I took a bunch of pictures of them in hopes to pick the best ones for their party invite.  When I was sorting through the images, I couldn't help but smile at some of the silly poses and laughing faces and I thought it would be a great idea if I could display all of the pictures at their party.  I knew I wanted to create some sort of backdrop for one of the food tables, and thankfully I had a large framed canvas that was no longer on display in the house that would be perfect for this project!  

So I began creating a framed photo board, and here are the steps if you'd like to create your own...

You will need:
Framed Canvas
Fabric (size depends on canvas size, 1 yard was all I needed)
Staple Gun
Ribbon
Clothespins (I used the mini ones that I spray-painted black)
Photos

Step 1: Take the frame off the canvas (there should be a clip that you unclip to separate the pieces).



Step 2:  If you wanted to repaint the frame, now would be the time to do so.  But I needed a gold frame, so it was absolutely perfect for me!  So I just covered the canvas with the fabric that I had purchased and used the staple gun to staple it into place (my husband helped me with this project, so he actually did the stapling part, I wanted to make sure to give him credit!)




Step 3: Take your ribbon and place it on the board.  You might want to play around with the layout of the photos to determine how many rows of ribbon you want and to determine the proper spacing.



Step 4: When you're happy with the ribbon layout/spacing, take your staple gun again and staple the ribbon onto the board.


Step 5:  Clip the frame back onto the newly covered canvas.  And use clothespins to clip your photos to the board.  I used mini clothespins that you can find in the wood crafting section at your local craft store.  I also spray painted the clothespins black, but that is up to you!

Enjoy your new photo board and the photos that you can now display!


Check out Brody and Skylar's birthday party details HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment