Friday, March 16, 2012

Brody and Skylar's Knight and Princess Party Details

Today is another exciting day for Sweet Metel Moments!  One of my parties is on Hostess {With the Mostess}, aka Hostess Blog, aka HWTM, aka the reason why I started blogging!!  Brody and Skylar's Knight and Princess party is featured as part of their Party of 5!  Woohoo!  Here are the details of this very special party.
 
When I asked Brody what kind of theme he wanted for his 6th birthday, he immediately said UCF (University of Central Florida), which made me so proud as a UCF fan!  Since we were planning a joint party for Brody
and little sister Skylar, who is currently in love with all things princess, and since UCF’s mascot is a knight, I knew it would be perfect to throw a Knight and Princess party, black and gold style (our school colors).

Here is a peek at what the invitation looked like (I changed our personal information):



To stay on a budget, I created a lot of DIY pieces for this party.  I started by designing the custom party printables in black and gold and wanted to base everything else off of those colors.  One of my favorite pieces is a gold frame with black and white fabric that I used to display some pictures of the kids dressed up as a knight and princess (tutorial shown HERE).

 
For food we kept it simple and served pizzas along with sausage dip and buffalo chicken dip and various crackers and chips to dip with, along with apples and caramel.  I created customized bag topper labels and filled the sandwich bags with Skylar’s favorite snack, vegetable chips!  I also designed custom water bottle labels and even customized the labels on the 2-liter bottles of soda.  Everything had Brody and Skylar’s names on them since I wanted them to know that this party was just for them and that they were the stars!  



 
The dessert table was the best part!  For the backdrop, my husband used a tutorial from Celebrations at Home, but changed the top part by inserting curtain hooks so I could hang a curtain rod.  I used a white ruffled curtain as a simple and elegant backdrop.  


In the center was the beautiful cake created by my very talented friend Johanna of Pink Lady Cakes.  She was able to design a cake that was perfect for both my son and daughter, using a shield to represent the knights, and a beautiful crown for the princesses.  Not only did this cake look amazing, it was absolutely delicious!  


Other desserts included Oreo Cakesters that I dressed up by adding gold sparkly sugar, Oreos covered in white fudge, white chocolate castle pops that I made using candy melts and a lollipop castle mold, and lots of gold chocolates including Hershey Kisses with almonds, Rolos, and Hershey Bliss chocolates.  I also used embellished mini white popcorn boxes and filled them with caramel popcorn and chocolate covered pretzels.  I bought plain white vanilla cupcakes from Walmart and decorated them with my customized cupcake toppers.




 
I also wanted to create a special corner for the kids and made tables “Reserved for Knights” and “Reserved for Princesses”.   I created a simple girly tablecloth for the princess table (Tutorial HERE) and for the table’s centerpiece, I filled a rectangular vase with gold candy (Rolos) and stuck gold glittery star wands in the center.  The girls would later take the wands home along with tiaras and floral hairclips that were also laid out on their princess table.  



For the knights, they had shields and swords as décor, but they also used them for entertainment during the party, and took them home as favors.  



For the main seating table, I used black and white damask plates that I found at Hobby Lobby and shields to set the table.  I also used a large black and gold candleholder in the center and topped it with one of husband’s knight figurines.   We had our UCF mascot, Knightro, present on the table in the form of bobbling Knightro head figurines.  Inspired by a beautiful Amy Atlas Princess Party, I created gold wand centerpieces using mini white popcorn boxes embellished with delicate gold ribbon and a customized tag and filled with Hershey kisses. 

  

 For the party we rented a huge Knight/Princess bounce combo unit that had the kids bouncing, sliding, and playing basketball.  The kids stayed there almost the entire time, it was a huge hit! 



Some of the kids also enjoyed coloring some adorable princess and knight coloring pages that I printed from the Family Fun website and they also had a fill-in fairy tale where the kids filled in blanks using their own words and the final story was their very own creation.  We had such a wonderful time sharing this special celebration with Brody and Skylar.   It was a day that we will remember for a long time!

Thank you to our wonderful family and friends who shared this special day with us!  We love you guys!  And of course my amazing husband who is my wonderful partner in everything I do.  You're the best!




Vendor Credits:
Styling and Customized Party Printables: Sweet Metel Moments 
Photography:  Chris and Iris Metel, Family Photo by Chris Zaremby
Gold Star Wands & Mini-Popcorn Boxes – Oriental Trading 
Swords & Shields – Dollar Tree 
Black & White Damask Plates and Black & Gold Candleholder – Hobby Lobby 
Ballerina Wire Dress Form – Ross 
Knight Statue – Tin Knights 
Tutus, Crowns, & Hair Clips – Halo Heaven 
Skylar’s Crown Shirt & Purple Princess Dress – Target 
White Ruffle Curtain – Target 
White Frames and Kids’ Tables – Ikea 
Various Apothecary Jars and White Cake Stand – HomeGoods 
Mini White Paper Fans (above princess table) – Party City
Knight & Princess Bounce House – Coast2Coast PartyRentals 

You can check this party out on Hostess Blog HERE!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Iris, congratulations in all your features.
    I love this princes and knights party is so cute, and all the details are gorgeous.

    Tks for sharing them, rgds, dalys (aka burundanguitas)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great party Iris!!! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this party theme! Thank you for sharing so much of the details. I cannot believe you got those awesome shields from the Dollar Tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome!! Can I ask where you got the knight bobbleheads? My husband is graduating from UCF in May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got the Knight bobbleheads a few years ago at a UCF event. Wish I knew if they sold them somewhere, but the first place I would check would be the school bookstore. Congrats to your husband!

      Delete
  5. What an adorable party - I saw a "preview" on KARAS PARTY IDEAS and just had to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing!! So much detail and time was put into this! Such creative ideas! Thank you for sharing. Would it be possible to purchase the ballerina stand, shields and swords??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Unfortunately I am not selling those items you mentioned. I purchased the shields and swords from Dollar Tree (there were a ton of those items right around Halloween) and the ballerina stand was a find at Ross Discount stores. You can find similar items at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and HomeGoods also. Thank you so much for your sweet comments and visiting my blog!
      -Iris

      Delete
  7. Can I ask where you got the black and white table cloth that was used on the "Resereved for Knights" table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! The black and white tablecloth was fabric that I had purchased at Jo-Ann Fabric store. I used it on another project and had leftover so I hemmed all 4 sides to create the tablecloth. Thank you for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  8. Hi Iris! I just loved your party. My daughter will be 3 next October and wants a princess party and my son will be 7 in November and loves knights and swords. Since we are having a joint party, this is just perfect!!! Thanks for sharing this lovely party.

    best wishes from Brazil!! Juliana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Iris do you mind me asking where you got the dragon u added to the Shields and what king of paint you use to make them that color?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! The shields actually came with the dragon already on there! I did not add any embellishments. They were a great find from Dollar Tree! Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Have a blessed day!
      -Iris

      Delete
  10. I love this party! I love the concept and the amount of effort put into making all the stunning decor and details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... thank you so much Nicole!! I enjoyed putting it together for my little knight and little princess. :-) Thank you for visiting my blog!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...