Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog! Please look around and see what my blog has to offer, from party inspiration, DIY craft tutorials, yummy treat ideas, and so much more! And make sure to pin on Pinterest! If you click on the Free Printables tab on the top of this page, you will find all of my posts with free printables. Also, if you would like to stay up-to-date with all of my new posts, subscribe by email (enter it on the right margin of this page) or like my Facebook page HERE. Have a blessed day!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Brody's Preschool Graduation Party & Free Printable


I can't believe that Brody's kindergarten year is coming close to its end and I still haven't had a chance to share his preschool graduation party from last year!  This party theme is near and dear to my heart because I absolutely loved Brody's preschool and was sad to know that he was leaving it, plus knowing that he would eventually be going to school 5 days a week!  I was very emotional, but I know that Brody is a big boy now and ready to blossom and learn more and more things!

Aside from the educational curriculum, Brody's preschool taught him so many wonderful things about Jesus.  So I created a graduation party theme "Shine!", inspired by the Bible verse Matthew 5:16 "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."  The main image for the party printables is a smiling and shining sun.  And the color scheme of blue and gold matched their cap and gown.

All of the parents pitched in and brought yummy snacks and drinks.  My friend Laura, (who taught me how to sew!) turned chocolate snack cakes into cute little diplomas!  I decorated plain vanilla and chocolate cupcakes from Walmart with customized cupcake toppers.  I also wrapped mini Hershey candies with customized labels.  There were other sweet treats like brownies and cookies, and salty snacks like chips and pretzels.

For favors, the kids got bags with a personalized tags saying, "You are so bright, go out and shine your light." and inside was a flashlight and some sweet treats.  Our little "Dolphins" (their class name/mascot for the year) had a lot of fun.  Here are some more pictures from their special party:





Update:  This photo has been featured on Shutterfly (my absolute favorite place to create photo gifts and photo creations!!) Check it out HERE!








Since I love this theme so much, I wanted to share with my readers the 4x6 signs pictured above, but instead of it saying "Congrats Dolphins", it just says "Congrats Grad".  Get your free printable HERE.




The whole Graduation Party printable collection is now in my Etsy Shop!  You can purchase it HERE.


I know it's been almost a year ago, but I have to show a photo of our sweet Brody in his cap and gown.  We are so proud of him!


Linking Up:



12 comments:

  1. That was such a cute party. I can't believe our boys will be finishing Kindergarten in just a few months! Hope you are doing well, Iris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni, thanks for your comment! We had such a great group of parents and kids that year and awesome teachers! Miss you guys! It was a blessing to have shared that year together!

      Delete
  2. This is so adorable! Great job! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all the little details!!! My favorite are the snack cake diplomas! :) SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the chocolate snack diplomas are sooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore that you incorporated bible verses into your party theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are AMAZING! WOW! STUNNING work. What an incredible gift you have...thanks sooooo much for sharing it with all:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous party. I love the printables you used and what an awesome theme. Shine you light...what a great statement to send to the little ones :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine for your sweet comment! My son's preschool did such a great job teaching the little ones about Jesus, I wanted the theme to reflect my wishes for the children, which is how I came up with the theme, Shine Your Light. :-)

      Delete
  8. Brody is looking so cute and smart in that picture. Congrats. The party was also awesome it seems
    Nursery near Greens

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just placed my child in jr. kindergarten this year..He seems to be doing so well and really enjoying it...Time just needs to slow down a bit..it is moving way to fast. Quite a ways to go before JR. K graduation..but then it will be SR. K
    Preschool Learning Online has been a very useful website...as well as Pinterest for additional fun activities with my child.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We provide abroad admission consultants in Jaipur and Dausa, we know today’s children need guidance about education and choosing career. So we are here to guide them, our abroad education consultancy help you to offer best professional courses so that you can get best universities outside the country.

    ReplyDelete