Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog! Please look around and see what my blog has to offer, from party inspiration, DIY craft tutorials, yummy treat ideas, and so much more! And make sure to pin on Pinterest! If you click on the Free Printables tab on the top of this page, you will find all of my posts with free printables. Also, if you would like to stay up-to-date with all of my new posts, subscribe by email (enter it on the right margin of this page) or like my Facebook page HERE. Have a blessed day!

Friday, September 18, 2015

Fashion Friday - Chambray Shirts


Hard to believe that I can actually feel cooler air here in Florida!  Fall is just around the corner and I am so excited to be able to wear long-sleeved shirts and sweaters soon!  When we visited London this past summer, we wore jeans and a long-sleeved shirt every day.  I think if I could choose an outfit to wear every day, it would be jeans and a top.  I was not a big fan of button-up shirts, until I discovered chambray.  A button-up chambray shirt can be worn so many ways. It can be dressed up with a skirt, worn as a jacket over a dress, or you can just wear it with jeans like Skylar and I did.



Since it was a bit cooler in London, I added a Vera Wang cream infinity scarf and tall brown boots also by Vera Wang (both found on clearance from Kohls).   



 Skylar and I enjoyed walking around The National Gallery in London.  It was amazing to see such beautiful artwork.  And very old artwork. We saw works by Michelangelo, Vincent van Gogh, and Claude Monet.  
 
I'm glad I was able to introduce the beautiful works by Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci to my children so they know those names aren't only associated with turtle superheroes.  If you look closely below you can see Brody photo bombing us while I tried to look "intellectual".



My favorite painting was The Water-Lily Pond by Claude Monet.  It was pretty neat to be so close to such famous artwork.  If only I had a few million dollars...


If you have a chance to visit London, The National Gallery is a must-do.  And it's free to enter!


You can get our looks here:

Iris: top {similar}, boots {similar}
Skylar: top {similar}, {similar} boots {similar}

2 comments:

  1. I will love to visit that gallery one day😃 and you girls look cute!! I like the chambray tops too they're so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you and your family would love it there! Thanks for visiting my blog Mirely!

      Delete