Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog! Please look around and see what my blog has to offer, from party inspiration, DIY craft tutorials, yummy treat ideas, and so much more! And make sure to pin on Pinterest! If you click on the Free Printables tab on the top of this page, you will find all of my posts with free printables. Also, if you would like to stay up-to-date with all of my new posts, subscribe by email (enter it on the right margin of this page) or like my Facebook page HERE. Have a blessed day!

Friday, October 2, 2015

Fashion Friday - Halloween Costumes for Siblings


For today's Fashion Friday, I thought it would be fun to post some Halloween costume ideas for a brother/sister duo.  I love it when families or siblings dress up together with themed-costumes.  In our household, we only got to do it a few times.  Looking back at these photos makes me laugh so hard!

For Skylar's first Halloween, she was only 9-months-old and I had no idea what she would be for Halloween!  I knew Brody wanted to be a cowboy, and when we were doing some last-minute costume-shopping for Skylar, we stumbled upon the cutest costume.  We thought it was a cow costume when we purchased it, but it turned out to be a spotted pony costume.  We thought it would be perfect for Brody the cowboy, to have his little sis as a sidekick pony.  This was the only time we've ever let Brody "ride" his sister...


The following year Brody wanted to be a UPS delivery man. We used an empty box for his trick-or-treat bag.


Once again, we didn't know what Skylar should be so I thought it would be funny if she wore a carton box.  She was not very happy with that choice...


Thankfully, in the last-minute, I had a friend let me borrow a ladybug costume for Skylar that night so she ended up not coordinating with Brody.  Oh well!

The following year, I went all out and actually made their costumes!! I hope to one day post the tutorial for this, but it was so long ago, I'm not sure if I can make it again!  The kids were Pebbles and Bam Bam.


The Pebbles and Bam Bam costumes are probably my most favorite.  Skylar and Brody even let me put makeup on them so it looked like they had dirt all over their face!


Don't they look so cute?


Then a few years passed and their costumes didn't really go together.  Skylar was Snow White, a ballerina, and Spider Girl, while Brody was a racecar driver, GI Joe guy, and Lionel Messi.  I don't know what they will be yet this year, but I am crossing my fingers that their costumes will coordinate with each other once again!

Here are some other cute ideas for a brother and sister.  Just click on the photo to go to the source.

http://www.costume-works.com/kermit_the_frog-5.html
 via Costume Works


http://www.themomcreative.com/2013/11/halloween-costumes-link-up.html

 via The Mom Creative
 
http://justjen.typepad.com/just_jen/2012/11/im-back.html
via Just Jen

http://www.costume-works.com/frankenstein_n_his_bride1.html
 via Costume Works

 

No comments:

Post a Comment